Sunday 28 June 2009

Interview: TS4R interview with the dASh it in-house chef GiGi...




As a build up to Too Sexy 4 Radio flagship show the ‘dASh it. Music Sessions’, we will be doing series of interviews the crew, to get a bit closer to them, and see their involvement in the programme.

First up is the shows in-house Italian chef GiGi. The shows presenter Dúbb’l yoo T took a moment out of the chefs busy schedule to ask him what he thinks of the English, his food talking to him and how he is going to help those lastminite.com chefs out there ...


What your future fans out there would like to know first is after living in the UK for just over a year, how do you find our English cuisines?

I think that every cuisine hides a secret. And every culture brings in its tradition to ‘the art of cooking’. And this is the reason why I believe English dishes could be great. I say “could be” because I think that as an “art” the dish needs to have a good interpreter, which would be your chef. And unfortunately, there are not that many cooks that can interpret English dishes well. No offence.


No offence taken, as long as it was not my cooking your referring too. But being guilty of being labelled with this title in the past, how will you’re cooking ideas benefit our nation of lastminute.com chefs?

I believe that cooking appetising food do not mean use the most sophisticated products. The use of a few simple ingredients can be turned into a delicious dish. As Beethoven’s music is composed by only using 9 notes, but he’s able to produce miraculous compositions.

So if Beethoven composed music speaks bountiful emotions, what would your cooking compositions say if they could speak?

I'm surprised how simple products like tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil can become music for my palate. And just by adding a drop of extra virgin olive oil and shake of black pepper, I look at a dish and it purely says “Eat me!”

I personally don’t give a chance for my food to speak, but when you have the time to be cooking for your partner or friends, which song or album is a must to be playing in the background?

It would have to be “Legend” by Bob Marley. As he relaxes me, gives me rhythm, and that hint that gives me the edge I need to cook the best dishes.


I’ve seen you dance, and once the audience gets a chance I think they would agree with me that cooking is you! So finally, one being the key word, which word would you use to describe how dASh it. will change peoples views of the cooking experience?

Passion...!



http://toosexy4radio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yo! Too Sexy 4 Radio...

Related Posts with Thumbnails